The Nikols Company’s executive team has extensive experience in institutional commercial and residential real estate lending. This level of sophistication enables us to recognize changing market dynamics and deliver custom financing solutions. We have an unwavering commitment to the stewardship of our investors’ capital and the servicing of our borrowers’ loans.
By combining institutional training with entrepreneurial execution, The Nikols Company consistently delivers service and results that exceed expectations.
Thank you. After all the years I’ve been in this business, this is the first time I have seen a lender as proactive in making sure our joint objectives were achieved. The Nikols Company was heroic in completing our deal.
The Nikols Company specializes in making short-term real estate bridge loans on properties in California. We provide the borrowing community flexible alternatives to conventional lending institutions. Our loans serve a wide range of borrower needs such as:
We are committed to providing our borrowers with rapid decisions from principals (no loan committee), market leading service and loan structures tailored to their individual needs.
|Rate:||6% to 10%|
|Amount:||Typically $1M to $10M|
|Term:||Typically 12 months with extension options|
|Origination Fees:||1.0 to 3.0 points|
|Exit Fees:||0.0 to 1.5 points|
|Loan to Cost||Up to 100% LTC|
|Loan to Value||Up to 75% LTV|
|Collateral:||1st trust deed|
• 74% LTV, 83% LTC
• Acquisition and condominium conversion
• 100% leased to 12 tenants
• Exit strategy: Sale of individual condominium units
• 67% LTV, 100% LTC
• Acquisition and tenant improvements
• Renovation of 3 vacant buildings totaling 44,000 SF
• 83% preleased to AAA credit tenant
• Exit strategy: Sale or refinance
• 66% Stabilized LTV, 79% Presale Price, 94% LTC
• Acquisition and conversion of vacant industrial building
• Exit strategy: Presale to REIT
• 75% LTV, 90% LTC
• Construction of 20,000 SF Montessori preschool
• Start-up in area of high demand
• 2 blocks from new 2400 home Baker Ranch Community
• Exit strategy: SBA financing
• 63% LTV, 75% LTC
• Acquisition and renovation – vacant buildings, no presales
• Conversion of 3 industrial buildings to 18,000 SF of creative office space
• Loan closed in 8 days
• Exit strategy: Sale
• 41% LTV, 53% LTC
• Partner buy-out
• Prime frontage on Pico Blvd. within 1 mile of Pacific Ocean
• Only parcel in Santa Monica approved for new apartment development in 2014
• Exit strategy: Construction financing
• 75% LTV, 84% LTC
• Acquisition and reposition
• 8 unit apartment building in North Park area of San Diego
• Exit strategy: Sale of building or refinance
The cumulative experience in The Nikols Company makes for a unique and potent team. They are knowledgeable, entrepreneurial and decisive.
Since its 2007 inception, Nikols Mortgage Fund, LLC has grown to $53 million in assets under management from 142 investors as of June 1, 2015. Its manager, The Nikols Company, earned a place on Orange County Business Journal’s List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. The Fund has attracted a loyal and sophisticated community of investors including prominent real estate executives, investment advisors, family trusts, family offices, self-directed IRAs, and investment LLCs. Many investors have previously made direct and active real estate investments, but value the passive and reliable investment opportunity that the Fund provides. Over half of capital comes from 12 investors each with more than $1 million invested, but most investors have from $100,000 to $500,000 with the Fund. The Fund has consistently added new investors and has an investor retention rate of over 95% annually.